Saturday, April 13, 2013

Leftover Rice Chila / Pancake



 Yes , chila / dosa from leftover rice . 

 After seeing her event announcement, I searched her blog for the recipes, the first recipe I came across was this chila. As I had a small cup of rice soaked in the water overnight was there, so I made this chila for my breakfast on Sunday.

 I liked this dosa a lot . No one will find leftover rice is added in this dosa. It  was so delicious , for me no sidedish is needed to have this dosa.
Requirements :
Leftover cooked rice – 1 small cup
Wheat flour – 2 cup
Onion – 1
Green chilli – 3
Chopped Ginger – ½ tsp
Chopped Coriander leaves – 3 tbs
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry leaves – a sprig
Salt as needed
Oil
Water

Method :
As I used the rice soaked in water , it is easy to mash with the hand. If the rice is not soaked , grind with little water.
In a bowl , add the mashed rice , wheat flour , asafoetida, chili powder and salt. Mix well.

Add in the required water and make the batter to the required consistency.
Add in the chopped onion , green chillies , ginger , coriander leaves , curry leaves and mix well.
Heat the griddle , pour a ladle full of batter and spread into a thick small chila.

Pour a spoon of oil and flip to other side and cook on both sides.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
For me no sidedish is needed.

Chilas Can be served with coconut chutney.
Leftover rice chilas are ready to serve.






FR-event of Swathi @ Pallavi's space





9 comments:

  1. hey this chilla has come out very good sharanya

    u hv not put logo in the post to show u r linking to my event

    rest all is done

    i hope u enjoyed this chilla as much as i did
    nice way to use up left over rice
    isnt it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dosa is inviting and makes a perfect meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crispy and droolworthy chilas..yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks easy and delicious! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple & useful way to use leftover rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious ! Now with leftover rice I am trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks too good.. I was not aware of this method

    ReplyDelete
  8. great way to finish off the leftover rice. nice recipe dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pancakes perfect for snacks.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.