Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Aloo Matar / Potato Peas Gravy



 As I had already posted my version of aloo matar This gravy tastes slightly different from what I make.
 This gravy tasted similar to my peas gravy.
 This gravy uses baby potato , as I didn’t get the baby potato  I used the normal potato.

Requirements :
Potato – 3
Green peas – 1 cup
Tomato – 3
Onion – 1
Chilli powder – 1 tbs
Coriander powder – ½ tbs
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
Green chill – 1
Oil – 1 tbs
Salt as required
Method :
Boil the potatoes and peas.
Peel the sin of the potatoes and cut into cubes. I usually use the potatoes with the skin itself.
Grate the onion and tomatoes separately.

Heat oil in a pan , add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
Add in the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
Add in the grated onion and sauté for a minute.
Now , add the grated tomato and sauté for few minutes.
Add the chili powder, coriander powder , turmeric powder and chopped green chilli. Sauté till the raw smell leaves.

Add in the cooked peas and potato cubes. Saute for a minute.
Add in the half cup of water and required salt.
I used the water used to boil the peas.
Cook for few minutes.


Add the garam masala and cook for a minute.
Aloo matar is ready to serve.




Serve with roti / naan.



13 comments:

  1. Delicious aloo peas gravy, perfect for rotis....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow interesting dear
    that makes it four if i m correct

    wud update my post now
    thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious gravy, excellent side dish for rotis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect side dish for roti,delicious.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tasty and inviting aloo matar. Must have bee super hit.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious aloo Matar potato gravy, good with any bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the best sabji for chappathi lovers like me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy aloo mattar... tastes divine with pooris :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. delicious gravy .. tempting me sharan !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Nice blog and liked your creativity in cooking.

    Following you..

    Do visit my space at
    http://indian-delights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great...
    Thanks for linking with my event “Foodabulous Fest –April Month Series”

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.